Sunday 8 September 2019

Show don't tell examples

Show DON’T Tell


  • It was cold at the beach


           The bitter sand crunched under my feet as the icy cold water washed up to my numb feet.


  • The house needed repairs.


The floorboards creaked and the mouldy roof wobbled in the wind. The smashed windows gave an eerie feeling to the house.


  • Mum was angry.


Her eyes turned a tomato red and her fists clenched into balls. Her teeth gritted so hard I thought that her teeth would snap any second. Her cheeks started puffing and her eyes fixed on my every move.


  • He scored a try.


He sidestepped his opponents and spun past multiple people. He launched off the ground and he flew just over the try-line.

Here is my second show don't tell writing. Here are 4 examples of show don't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.